We represent the voice of Romanian students!

The National Council of Students is an independent structure, which maintains a neutral position towards any religious cult, religious association, party or political formation, acting exclusively in the interest of students. It is a structure formed by students, for students, this status being mandatory for a position in the General Assembly or in the Executive Office. Unul dintre cele mai semnificative avantaje ale CNE este rețeaua vastă ce ajunge până la firul ierbii, existența unui consiliu școlar al elevilor în fiecare unitate de învățământ fiind obligatorie. 

Representative students
National structure
County structures
School structures

Get involved! Find the Students' Council in your county!


Frequently asked questions from students

The Student Statute is the first normative document that distinctly regulates the rights, obligations, prohibitions and sanctions specific to students. It is an act superior to the organization and operation regulations of any school. To ensure that your rights are not violated and to defend yourself against abuse, it is necessary to read the Student Statute.

To get involved in one of the CNE structures, you don't have to be popular, nor Olympian, nor even the most loved by the teachers, but just the favorite candidate of your colleagues. School-level elections are usually held in October, when student representatives are elected on the basis of a candidacy file and campaign. To begin with, we advise you to contact the county council of students in your county and find out when the next General Assembly will be held, where every student in the county can participate as an observer. Also, read the Organization and Operation Regulations and the Internal Regulations of the National Students' Council to learn more about how to organize the representation structure and see the existing functions, so that it will be easier for you to decide which one suits you.

Not. The Student Council is an independent structure made up of students, which fights for the satisfaction of students' interests. At the school level, there is a teacher who holds the position of educational advisor or coordinator of educational projects and programs, with whom the School Council of Students can maintain contact and collaborate. However, he does not have the right to intervene in the activity of the structure or to affect its course in any way.

Schools have the possibility to impose their own dress code or a characteristic sign for students who attend classes within them. However, according to Article 198, paragraph 2 of the ROFUIP, measures that may limit students' access to education are prohibited in educational institutions, such as, for example, sanctioning students who do not wear the educational institution's uniform.

If, for example, the organization and operation regulations of your school specify that adult students cannot leave the school premises, you must know that this provision contradicts article 15, point k) of the Student Statute, a document that is superior regulations developed by schools. In this case, a first step would be to get in touch with the representatives of the Student School Council, but also with the student representative in the Board of Directors of your high school. School regulations are debated and approved in the Board of Directors, so the easiest way to proceed with its revision is for the proposal to come from a member of this decision-making body. If the situation does not change, together with your representatives and your colleagues, it is time to take visible steps: request in writing to remove the respective mention from the regulation, organize a protest, put public pressure through a press release – the options are multiple, important is to know that you are not alone and not to give up if you don't succeed in what you set out to do on the first try.

Not. "Unexcused" absence is nothing more than a myth. There are only excused or unexcused absences. If you were absent for an hour, you must bring the supporting documents for the reason for the absence within a maximum of 5 working days. Absences can be justified by medical certificates issued by the family doctor or the school doctor or by a request drawn up by your parent or legal guardian or even by you, if you are of age. Absences are justified by such requests within the limit of 20 hours per semester.

Illegal. The National Education Law 1/2011 stipulates that state education is free. Moreover, according to the framework Regulation for the organization and operation of pre-university education units in Romania, the involvement of students or teaching staff in the collection and administration of funds is prohibited. Therefore, you are not obliged to give money for equipping the classroom, for buying markers, chalk, sheets or other materials used in the teaching process. These must be purchased from school funds. If the school does not have funds, its management is obliged to request them from the City Council.

Yes. But it is important that the reason is a solid one. You can't request to change a teacher in your class just because you don't like it. But if you and your colleagues consider that there is a real impediment that interferes with the proper realization of the teaching-learning act and is directly related to your teacher, you can initiate a dialogue with the director of the educational unit about the situation. You can draft a petition for everyone to sign as a means of pressure, listing and clearly explaining why you want this change. Don't forget that your parents also have an important role in the school community, so don't hesitate to ask them for help when you feel that your voice would be louder with them.

Yes. According to article 15, point k) of the Student Statute, adult students can leave the school premises at any time.

Get involved!